Previously this site belonged to the Estonian Heart Association, (above was the logo used by the foundation), which was a non-profit foundation set up to address common heart diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle for a healthy heart on the 19th Dec of 1996.
The organization in collaboration with both local and international organizational scheduled various events and promoted several initiatives geared at increasing public awareness of heart diseases and their causes, most of which result due to lifestyle preferences and thus in the end the organization was able to champion for healthy lifestyles which helped prevent heart diseases and cerebrovascular accidents.
The association used to collects funds for children and young people to promote heart health, and the framework of the implementation of the following programs:
- Awareness – raising activity, mobility and movement
– The “Prosperity Movement of the Heart!”. This was achieved through a number of initiatives which include but are not limited to publications, training sessions, briefings and counseling.
– Publishing a series of “Active movements all year round – the health and form of fresh outdoor air” over the publishing and distribution of informational material in Estonia
- Health educational materials, publishing a series of “Children’s heart health”. This initiative was mainly achieved through producing publications and forming joint association with other organizations to fund the objectives of the initiative.
The association during its tenancy period able to focus on different aspects of lifestyle that may induce cardiovascular diseases through organizing framework for heart checks, promoting physical fitness development programs, holding public forums & conferences, participating in scientific forums as well as participating in various event & exhibitions to create awareness of the conditions which can affects the heart.
The major aim of the organization was to help extend the lifespan of people by helping prevent heart diseases as well as specific types of breast cancers. Below is more information about the organization.
About the Organization
- Estonian Heart Association was a basic promoter of heart health in Estonia by creating awareness, educating the general population of the country on the exercise skills which can promote a healthy lifestyle and developing joint activities in order to improve the prospects of rising generations to live the life of a healthy heart.
- The organization sought to use human or humanistic approaches based on common interests, the free will of the citizens and civic activities to advance its interest in promoting health, like figuring out a special diet plan.
- The organization was open to everyone in the nation and together with the citizens and other organization sought to combine forces to promote heart health education, encourage people to live healthily and to inspire them at home, study and work.
The organization promoted several values and they include:
- Healthy life values in society (healthy diet, exercise, human relationships, environmental factors etc).
- The personal health and well-being of people whether at work, at home or studying.
- Living an exemplary life even though having a heart condition by adopting a healthy lifestyle
- Use of modern, high-quality, science-based health information to create awareness of various conditions which affects the heart.
- Reducing the risk of suffering from lifestyle-related diseases by living proactively
As I seek to repurpose this site, I will be publishing informative material about how we can live a healthy life by preventing the causes of heart diseases. Already I’ve published some informative posts about controlling and preventing heart conditions and will publishing more information in days to come. You can access the published posts by clicking through various topics below.